Monday 26 April 2010

The Landlady


THE LANDLADY
Roald Dahl
Have you got your KISS KISS reader yet? If not, don't worry. CLICK HERE to go to the British Council/BBC website where you can read the text of 'The Landlady' online.


BEFORE READING...
There are some pre-reading attachments on this website which you can do by yourself. These are at the bottom of the webpage and are marked (pdf). You can work through them online and ask your teacher to help you if you have any questions.
AFTER READING...
You can also listen to the story being read! Just sit back, close your eyes and enjoy listening to the story. Alternatively, you may want to follow the text as you listen. You choose!
FEEDBACK...
What do think about online activites? How do feel about working on your own? Is this better than doing a worksheet in class? What do YOU think? Tell us how you feel about it by writing a comment below.

Remember, you have to register before you can make a comment. Just follow the simple instructions by clicking on the COMMENTS icon. Have fun!
Andy

12 comments:

  1. I'm really looking foward to read this story. Thank you for the attachments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't buy the book jet, but I hope to have free time to read not only The landlady, because I find more than one of Kiss Kiss stories interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be able to read The Landady online because not everyone has the book yet.
    Has anyone listened to the story yet? Was it easy to understand? Did you follow the written text or did you just listen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the britlit kit very catching , not like the tittle that is pritty much boring, i would like to read it, especially for the idea of the kind of writing that the blurb give us.
    Martin S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed listening while I was reading it. I consider that it is easy to understand because the speaker tells the story slowly and with good pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the landlady and now I have more doubts than certainties. I am keen on listening my classmates´s interpretation of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what to say about this story.. i really don't like it beacuse for me it has no sense.
    In addition, i can say that the way that Roal Dahl writes, it is particuliar ,and i personally don't really like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a strange storie, but I think the way there's no certain ending is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like doing works online, beacuse i use the computer a lot, and i also like working on my own.
    i'm looking foward to reading this story soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How strange story... I just thought that it would have a dramatic ending, like the death of Mr. Weaver or whatever.
    Alejo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the story yet but by reading the comments i see that most of the people didn't like it.
    I think it's very good that we have the possibility to read the story online. It's very useful for those who doesn't have the book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm going to read the story tomorrow, I expect it to be an amazing story.
    thank you andy!

    ReplyDelete