Monday 9 August 2010

The Way Up to Heaven

Kiss Kiss
by
Roald Dahl

The Way Up to Heaven

The Way Up to Heaven is another of Roald Dahl's strange short stories. In this story Mrs Foster resorts to drastic measures to escape from her husbands annoying habits!


Read the story first, then click here to watch this short dramatisation and answer the questions below.

1 What do you think of the style of the video?
2 Do the main characters look as you imagined them?
3 Do the text incerpts help you to follow the story?
4 How could the video drama be improved?
5 What do you think of this story?

Write your comments below!
Andy

3 comments:

  1. I saw the video, and I think that gives a very graphic idea of how everything might look. Perosnally, I imagined Mr. Foster as a man with beard and not with a suit, which suits him well on the dramatisation. However, I thought him, as I said, less formal, resembling to the typical white-bearded writer, smokin a pipe o a cigar (as he does in the story). Although these small things I personally disagreed with the video, it`s quite good and graphic, not to mention it is kind of peculiar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the video gives a brief description of the series of events that occur on the story, but actually I didn´t like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my comments...

    1. I think that the style used, mixing written stuff with video scenes, helps to understand the story and its differents interpreations in a short time..
    2. They look almost exactly as I imagined them! (The only difference is that I thought that the woman would be a bit older)
    3. They help a lot!
    4. The director focused on the gestures and looks creating a boring and slow style of film.. I prefer a more dynamic one..
    5. I really like this story. In spite of being gruesome and terrofic, it is short and the ending definitely caught my eye.

    See u!

    ReplyDelete